KPL: Bandari all but assured of second league spot
Bandari cemented their second position after they held Sofapaka to a barren draw in a Sportpesa Premier League match at Mbaraki Sports Club, yesterday, in Mombasa.
The draw took the dockers to 63 points from 33 matches. They play their last match away to Nzoia Sugar on Wednesday. Sofapaka have 59 points from the same assignments and with a match against Kakamega Honeboyz, also on Wednesday. Gor Mahia won the league for the 18th time with two matches to spare.
In yesterday’s match, Bandari completed their home fixture in style after a gruelling but successful season.
Bandari’s scoring machine Yema Mwama had a missed opportunity in the 20th minute after he was fed by Shaban Kenga.
Sofapaka’s defence manned by Titus Achesa and Jacobs Faina was busy throughout as they protected goalkeeper Justin Ndikumana against dangerous raids from Mwama and William Wardi.
Former Bandari’s striker Kepha Aswani and John Avire were police-marked by Duncan Otewa and Fred Nkata.
In the second half, Abdallah Hassan missed a scoring chance after he beat Ndikumana who was later red-carded in the 60th minute for a dangerous play against Kenga outside the box.
Bandari coach Benard Mwalala benched Hamisi Mwinyi, Abdallah Hassan and Wardi for Dan Guya, Darius Msagha and Wycliffe Ochoma, who brought in some sparks in the dying moments.
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 2 months ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago