Lawyers coming for Ronaldo over ‘rape’ allegations as they discover his home address in Italy
Lawyers for the woman accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of rape have tracked down his home, meaning he can finally be served a summons.
Kathryn Mayorga’s team began hunting for the football superstar’s Italian address in October when US police reopened the inquiry.
Lawyers for the Juventus striker have been trying to get the case dismissed and court papers claim they have declined to provide his address.
Referring to the person originally hired to serve the summons, the documents allege: “Records go blank when he searches anything for Ronaldo. Property records have been blacked out.”
Former teacher Ms Mayorga, 35, alleges Ronaldo raped her 10 years ago at a hotel in Las Vegas.
He emphatically denies the claim.
Now the 34-year-old’s home address in Turin has been located, Ms Mayorga’s team have enlisted Italy’s Central Authority – the official process servers – to deliver the summons and complaint.
They are expected to send the document in the next couple of weeks, once it has been translated.
Unlike in the US, summonses in Italy do not have to be served by hand and can be sent via registered post.
Last month, with time running out and her legal team struggling to find someone to track down the Portugal national team captain, a US judge allowed an extra 180 days for the summons to be delivered.
Ms Mayorga at first accepted a £295,000 “hush money” settlement with Ronaldo “be- cause she felt intimidated”.
She declined to reveal to police the name of her alleged attacker and the case was shut.
It was reopened after Ms Mayorga told officers for the first time the identity of the man she is accusing.
- ‘Equal Pay!’ – American fans demand progress in women’s footballFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 2 months ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago