Lawyers coming for Ronaldo over ‘rape’ allegations as they discover his home address in Italy
Lawyers for the woman accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of rape have tracked down his home, meaning he can finally be served a summons.
Kathryn Mayorga’s team began hunting for the football superstar’s Italian address in October when US police reopened the inquiry.
Lawyers for the Juventus striker have been trying to get the case dismissed and court papers claim they have declined to provide his address.
Referring to the person originally hired to serve the summons, the documents allege: “Records go blank when he searches anything for Ronaldo. Property records have been blacked out.”
Former teacher Ms Mayorga, 35, alleges Ronaldo raped her 10 years ago at a hotel in Las Vegas.
He emphatically denies the claim.
Now the 34-year-old’s home address in Turin has been located, Ms Mayorga’s team have enlisted Italy’s Central Authority – the official process servers – to deliver the summons and complaint.
They are expected to send the document in the next couple of weeks, once it has been translated.
Unlike in the US, summonses in Italy do not have to be served by hand and can be sent via registered post.
Last month, with time running out and her legal team struggling to find someone to track down the Portugal national team captain, a US judge allowed an extra 180 days for the summons to be delivered.
Ms Mayorga at first accepted a £295,000 “hush money” settlement with Ronaldo “be- cause she felt intimidated”.
She declined to reveal to police the name of her alleged attacker and the case was shut.
It was reopened after Ms Mayorga told officers for the first time the identity of the man she is accusing.
- Kiplagat and Cherono set for Boston MarathonAthletics 12 hours ago
- Footballer in Italy has been diagnosed with coronavirusFootball 15 hours ago
- Okoth books ticket to Tokyo OlympicsBoxing 14 hours ago
- CAF bars Zimbabwe from hosting international matchesFootball 2 days ago
- Beach Volleyball: No time to relax as squad eyes vital slotVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago
- Liverpool announce pre-tax profit for last seasonFootball 1 day ago
- Ramogi falls short of making Olympic Games teamBoxing 1 day ago