Over 300 golfers expected at Madaraka Day tourney
An estimated 300 amateur golfers are expected to pitch tent at the par 72 Limuru Country Club course next weekend for the Kenya golf union (KGU) Chairman 2019 Prize golf tournament.
The two-day tournament, which is sponsored by Coca-Cola Kenya under their Keringet brand, is to bid farewell to the out-going KGU chairman Lucas Maranga.
This was disclosed on Tuesday evening during a cheque presentation ceremony at Limuru Club. Coca-Cola has splashed Sh350,000 towards the event that will begin on Friday 31.
Among top amateurs who have already confirmed to take part include the 2018 top-ranked amateur golfer Samuel Njoroge of Railway Golf Club and 2018 Kenya amateur Match-play champion Daniel Nduva from Nyali in Mombasa.
Chairman KGU Lucas Maranga said this year’s Chairman’s prize tournament will also include top junior players, various golf club chairmen, captains and Lady captains.
“The union is on the forefront of entrenching junior golf as a way of equipping young golfers with skills that can match those of international professional golfers,” said Maranga.
The outgoing Chairman noted that there was a need to grow the golf sport by providing junior golfers with equipment and training to develop them in competing at both Local International level
“The union is developing junior golf across the country,” said Maranga.
- Deaflympics: Kenya team continue good performancesAthletics 4 hours ago
- Katana nets winner as Bandari beat hard-fighting ZooFootball 3 hours ago
- Dortmund’s Alcacer ready to strike down former employerFootball 2 days ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 1 day ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 8 hours ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 2 days ago