Champions League final rule change ahead of Liverpool vs Tottenham match
Liverpool and Tottenham will both have 23 players in their Champions League final matchday squads.
The Premier League sides will face off in the final of Europe's premier competition in Madrid on June 1.
Liverpool will be looking to go one better than last season when they were beaten by Real Madrid in the final in Kiev.
And there will definitely be one change from that final due to new rules UEFA introduced for the start of the 2018/19 season.
It means teams are allowed to name 12 substitutes for the final, while Arsenal and Chelsea will also be permitted to do so in the Europa League final.
In previous rounds, teams have been allowed seven replacements but there will be an increase for the final in Madrid.
That means a place on the Liverpool bench is likely for youngsters such as Rhian Brewster while Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino will also be expected to name Under-23 stars.
UEFA have also confirmed managers will again be able to make an additional substitute in extra time on top of the standard number of three.
Jurgen Klopp and his Liverpool players will step up their preparations for the final in Madrid this week.
Klopp gave his squad a break after the end of the Premier League season but they will jet out to Marbella on Monday.
The Reds boss confirmed he would put his players through a gruelling two weeks of pre-season to ensure they are ready to face Spurs.
Roberto Firmino has already taken part in some warm-weather training and looks set to be fit enough to start.
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 2 days ago
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 1 day ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 1 day ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 1 day ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 22 hours ago