Champions League final rule change ahead of Liverpool vs Tottenham match
Liverpool and Tottenham will both have 23 players in their Champions League final matchday squads.
The Premier League sides will face off in the final of Europe's premier competition in Madrid on June 1.
Liverpool will be looking to go one better than last season when they were beaten by Real Madrid in the final in Kiev.
And there will definitely be one change from that final due to new rules UEFA introduced for the start of the 2018/19 season.
It means teams are allowed to name 12 substitutes for the final, while Arsenal and Chelsea will also be permitted to do so in the Europa League final.
In previous rounds, teams have been allowed seven replacements but there will be an increase for the final in Madrid.
That means a place on the Liverpool bench is likely for youngsters such as Rhian Brewster while Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino will also be expected to name Under-23 stars.
UEFA have also confirmed managers will again be able to make an additional substitute in extra time on top of the standard number of three.
Jurgen Klopp and his Liverpool players will step up their preparations for the final in Madrid this week.
Klopp gave his squad a break after the end of the Premier League season but they will jet out to Marbella on Monday.
The Reds boss confirmed he would put his players through a gruelling two weeks of pre-season to ensure they are ready to face Spurs.
Roberto Firmino has already taken part in some warm-weather training and looks set to be fit enough to start.
- Champion speaks: Kipchoge says others can run in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- Polo: Forte pick second win in tourneySports 2 days ago
- Kipchoge’s heroic performance inspires Kenya’s athletics starsAthletics 2 days ago
- Meet Kenya’s past world marathon record holdersAthletics 2 days ago
- Rugby: Kenya Lionesses inch closer to 2020 Olympic Games Rugby 2 days ago
- This man Eliud Kipchoge Athletics 2 days ago
- Wanyama eager to guide Stars to victory Football 2 days ago