European finalists to enjoy player luxury after final bench rule change
Liverpool and Tottenham will both have 23 players in their Champions League final matchday squads.
The Premier League sides will face off in the final of Europe's premier competition in Madrid on June 1.
Liverpool will be looking to go one better than last season when they were beaten by Real Madrid in the final in Kiev.
And there will definitely be one change from that final due to new rules UEFA introduced for the start of the 2018/19 season.
It means teams are allowed to name 12 substitutes for the final, while Arsenal and Chelsea will also be permitted to do so in the Europa League final.
In previous rounds, teams have been allowed seven replacements but there will be an increase for the final in Madrid.
That means a place on the Liverpool bench is likely for youngsters such as Rhian Brewster while Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino will also be expected to name Under-23 stars.
UEFA have also confirmed managers will again be able to make an additional substitute in extra time on top of the standard number of three.
Jurgen Klopp and his Liverpool players will step up their preparations for the final in Madrid this week.
Klopp gave his squad a break after the end of the Premier League season but they will jet out to Marbella on Monday.
The Reds boss confirmed he would put his players through a gruelling two weeks of pre-season to ensure they are ready to face Spurs.
Roberto Firmino has already taken part in some warm-weather training and looks set to be fit enough to start.
- Covid-19 deals a heavy blow to juggler MurimiSports -1 years ago
- Lionel Messi’s Barcelona release clause has now expiredFootball 1 day ago
- Kahata explains the difficulties he faced while trying to return to Tanzania for the league resumptionFootball 2 days ago
- Man City's Foden breaks distancing rules to play at beachFootball 1 day ago
- Real Madrid 'eye Jadon Sancho transfer in 2021' Gossip & Rumours 11 hours ago
- David Luiz eyes Arsenal stay with 'very high chance' of contract extensionFootball 2 days ago
- Tottenham star Son opens up on military training experienceFootball 8 hours ago