Hockey: Lakers coach Aduda confident ahead of Telkom test
Lakers Hockey Club head coach Brian Aduda is confident they can stop Women Premier League leaders Telkom when they meet today at Sikh Union.
The newbies played out a 0-0 draw against United States International University-Africa (USIU-A) yesterday to move to within a point off leaders Telkom.
Speaking after the match, Aduda rued missed chances that would have taken them to the top of the league.
“We played very well against one of the top teams in Kenya but wasted clear chances of taking the lead. We were not lucky but we can improve tomorrow,” he said.
Lakers host defending champions Telkom today as they look to register their second win of the season.
“Telkom are the best club so far in the league but I think we can stop them. If we take our chances we can defeat them,” Aduda added.
Telkom lead the table with seven points, same as USIU and assistant captain Ashley Akinyi said they are going out for blood.
“It’s our biggest game ever and we are going to try our best and get maximum points,” she said.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago