Man City 6-0 Watford REPORT: City equal FA Cup final record to complete domestic treble
Manchester City have completed a prestigious domestic treble in style with an emphatic win over Watford in the FA Cup final.
Pep Guardiola's side equalled the record for the highest-scoring FA Cup final in history by hitting the same scoreline as Bury's win over Derby in 1903.
David Silva opened the scoring with a left-footed half volley before Raheem Sterling looks to have nicked a goal from Gabriel Jesus on the line.
City were in a commanding lead at half time, before the introduction of Kevin De Bruyne caused the floodgates to open.
The Belgian rounded Heurelho Gomes to score himself just moments after coming on as City moved up through the gears.
Jesus raced in behind the Watford defence to slide a fourth under Gomes before Sterling added two more to complete his hat-trick (providing the FA award him the third).
It completes a remarkable year for City as Pep Guardiola becomes one of just seven managers to win all three major domestic trophies in England.
- Bayern's Kimmich enjoys 'most beautiful goal' as title beckonsFootball 1 day ago
- Pogba told he isn't needed at Real Madrid because he's 'not humble'Football 2 days ago
- Flexibility does the trick for gifted MuliSports 2 days ago
- Huge blow for Liverpool fans as club drops pursuit of ‘Europe’s best striker’Football 2 hours ago
- FIFA temporarily suspends the president of the federation accused of rapeFootball 2 days ago
- New Man United away kit for 2020/21 season leaked [PHOTOS]Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Company develops app allowing fans to cheer remotely for teams playing in empty stadiumsFootball 1 day ago