Man City 6-0 Watford REPORT: City equal FA Cup final record to complete domestic treble
Manchester City have completed a prestigious domestic treble in style with an emphatic win over Watford in the FA Cup final.
Pep Guardiola's side equalled the record for the highest-scoring FA Cup final in history by hitting the same scoreline as Bury's win over Derby in 1903.
David Silva opened the scoring with a left-footed half volley before Raheem Sterling looks to have nicked a goal from Gabriel Jesus on the line.
City were in a commanding lead at half time, before the introduction of Kevin De Bruyne caused the floodgates to open.
The Belgian rounded Heurelho Gomes to score himself just moments after coming on as City moved up through the gears.
Jesus raced in behind the Watford defence to slide a fourth under Gomes before Sterling added two more to complete his hat-trick (providing the FA award him the third).
It completes a remarkable year for City as Pep Guardiola becomes one of just seven managers to win all three major domestic trophies in England.
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 2 months ago
- How Everton hammering will make Man City fear Man UnitedPremier League 1 month ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 month ago
- Female referee suffers sexist attack as teenage footballer shows privates to herFootball 2 weeks ago
- World's strongest footballer in talks to join WWE after meeting The Rock [Photos] Football 2 months ago
- Difficult to imagine Egypt not winning Group A at Africa CupFootball 2 days ago
- After suffering heart attack, Goalkeeper Casillas tweets from hospital bedFootball 1 month ago