NSL: Kisumu All Stars win to keep pace with leaders Wazito
Kisumu All Stars defeated visiting Coast Stima 1-0 in a tight National Super League match played at Moi Stadium on Friday to keep pace with Wazito.
John Oruko scored the only goal of the match in the second half as the lakeside team maintained their second spot with 68 points, one less than leaders Wazito who thrashed relegation-threatened Green Commandos 6-0 on the same day.
Speaking after the match, team coach Frank Oduor praised his charges for not giving up despite missing many chances of winning by a larger margin.
“We defended and played well today and am happy that we are back to winning ways despite the low score. All tha5t was important was to secure all three points and am glad we did that,” Oduor said in post-match interview.
At Thika Stadium, Bidco United defeated Modern Coast Rangers 3-0 to move above FC Talanta into sixth with 55 points.
Michael Owino netted a double with Nelson Chieta notching home the third as Bidco continued with their free-scoring run, having now scored seven goals in two matches.
Action shifts to today (Saturday) where six matches are on cards as the season enters the climax.
- Shock as Kenyan runner Abraham Kiptum is banned for four yearsAthletics 2 days ago
- Why Dope? What Abraham Kiptum is losing after four-year banAthletics 2 days ago
- Revealed: Mahrez could have been an Arsenal player…butGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Cancer survivor, father of three dies after boxing training session goes wrongBoxing 2 days ago
- Sterling dropped by England after clash with GomezFootball 2 days ago
- Man City to spend Sh11 billion to try catch up with Liverpool in JanuaryFootball 2 days ago
- Xhaka is NOT leaving Arsenal Football 2 days ago