Alvaro Morata FINALLY makes decision about returning to Chelsea
Alvaro Morata says he wants to spend the rest of his career at Atletico Madrid.
He’s only on loan from Chelsea remember, but Atletico are increasingly likely to exercise their option to sign the Spain striker.
“What is clear is what I want, I want to be here,” Morata said. “I will do everything possible to continue playing here.
“I did everything in my power to come, and I will do everything in my power to stay.
“I do not think of going anywhere, just being here. I’m happy here, and I want to be here all the years that I have left.”
Atletico are set to sign the Spaniard on an initial loan deal, with an option to buy him permanently for €55million (£48.6million).
Morata is understood to be willing to take a pay cut on his wages to secure a move to Atletico.
The striker currently earns around £150,000-a-week at Stamford Bridge having signed for £70m in the summer of 2017.
- I lost the match because I did not receive any assistance from the government - Zarika Boxing 2 days ago
- Jose Mourinho linked with shock move to TottenhamFootball 2 days ago
- Harambee starlets 2-0 Ethiopia: Starlets get Cecafa campaign off to winning start Football 2 days ago
- Verstappen wins crazy race as both Ferraris crash outSports 2 days ago
- Yellow card turns to six-month ban for South AfricanFootball 2 days ago
- Volleyball: KCB seek to end long league title droughtVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 Qualifiers: Stars look to avenge 2012 defeat to Togo at Kasarani tonightFootball 2 days ago