Alvaro Morata FINALLY makes decision about returning to Chelsea
Alvaro Morata says he wants to spend the rest of his career at Atletico Madrid.
He’s only on loan from Chelsea remember, but Atletico are increasingly likely to exercise their option to sign the Spain striker.
“What is clear is what I want, I want to be here,” Morata said. “I will do everything possible to continue playing here.
“I did everything in my power to come, and I will do everything in my power to stay.
“I do not think of going anywhere, just being here. I’m happy here, and I want to be here all the years that I have left.”
Atletico are set to sign the Spaniard on an initial loan deal, with an option to buy him permanently for €55million (£48.6million).
Morata is understood to be willing to take a pay cut on his wages to secure a move to Atletico.
The striker currently earns around £150,000-a-week at Stamford Bridge having signed for £70m in the summer of 2017.
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 2 weeks ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Atletico Madrid sign Man United target for for Sh15 billion Football 2 weeks ago
- Meet star who signed for Chelsea before Hazard but yet to make first-team appearanceFootball 2 weeks ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Six top footballers linked with ArsenalGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 3 weeks ago