Arsenal fans left confused after Lacazette’s name is spotted on Barcelona’s website
Arsenal fans were in a bit of a panic when they spotted Alexandre Lacazette listed under the first team tab on Barcelona's official website.
The Gunners forward has been linked with a move to the Nou Camp in recent months, and fans feared the worse when the below screenshot from Barcelona's website started being shared online.
At first glimpse it's understandable why Arsenal fans would be fearing the worst, especially as the image appeared to bear all the hallmarks of something sinister.
Back in 2012 Liverpool chairman Tom Werner was forced to provide a grovelling apology to Fulham after announcing incorrectly that Clint Dempsey had signed for the Reds on the club's official website in a bid to get the deal over the line.
But Barcelona haven't actually gone down a similar road, despite it appearing otherwise.
For some reason the Catalan club has a number of footballers - most of whom have never played for Barcelona - listed on its website.
And all you have to do to load up a fake profile of another player is to change the number on the end of the URL at the top of the page.
Quite why Barcelona would have a landing page for Charlie Austin, for example, is anyone's guess. But it seems the Lacazette profile is nothing to worry about, Arsenal fans.
- Popular athlete downplays criticism over his ageAthletics 1 month ago
- Women’s World Cup: Social media uproar after ‘Tea-sipping’ goal celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 month ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Rice terraces and 'turtle shell' scrums: Barefoot rugby in VietnamRugby 1 month ago
- Michael Olunga: Senegal are also humanFootball 1 month ago
- WWE superstar rushed to hospital with 'separated pelvis' after fightSports 1 month ago