Kenya’s Kabaddi team win bronze at World cup qualifier Championship
The Kenya Kabaddi team has jetted back home after winning bronze at the World Cup qualifier tournament in Taiwan.
The seven day event saw Kenya showcase it’s prowess in the sport before meeting the best of the best at the Kabaddi World Cup tournament later this year.
The team which had been sponsored by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, Nairobi County Women Rep Esther Passaris and SportPesa is expected to travel to Dubai in October for the Kabaddi World Cup tournament.
“We are going to play our own game at the World Cup and this time we are bringing the trophy home,” said Odhiambo Zuma the team captain.
Head coach Laventa Oguta stressed out that the team really did their best in Taiwan and come World Cup they are going to perform even better.
- Christian Mbulu dead: Morecambe defender dies at age of 23Football 2 days ago
- Tyson Fury claims he has accepted offer to fight Mike TysonBoxing 2 days ago
- Mwamba RFC announce new kit partnership with Samurai [PHOTOS]Rugby 1 day ago
- Virtual athletics: Cheruiyot to take on Norwegian brothers on June 11Athletics 2 days ago
- Blackburn star, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 1 day ago
- Premier League to restart on June 17 Premier League 1 day ago
- David Luiz’s time at Arsenal coming to an end?Football 1 day ago