Kenya’s Kabaddi team win bronze at World cup qualifier Championship
The Kenya Kabaddi team has jetted back home after winning bronze at the World Cup qualifier tournament in Taiwan.
The seven day event saw Kenya showcase it’s prowess in the sport before meeting the best of the best at the Kabaddi World Cup tournament later this year.
The team which had been sponsored by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, Nairobi County Women Rep Esther Passaris and SportPesa is expected to travel to Dubai in October for the Kabaddi World Cup tournament.
“We are going to play our own game at the World Cup and this time we are bringing the trophy home,” said Odhiambo Zuma the team captain.
Head coach Laventa Oguta stressed out that the team really did their best in Taiwan and come World Cup they are going to perform even better.
- Formula One: Hamilton and Bottas warned by Mercedes chiefSports 3 weeks ago
- Diego Costa banned for the rest of the seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Pep Guardiola gives huge update about Griezmann joining Manchester CityFootball 1 week ago
- School games: Laiser Hill start title defence with victoryBasketball 1 month ago
- Origi sends powerful message to Wanyama ahead of Champions League finalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Fifteen teams set to battle for Sevens crownRugby 1 month ago
- Manchester United star to miss Afcon finalsFootball 3 weeks ago