Kenya’s Kabaddi team win bronze at World cup qualifier Championship
The Kenya Kabaddi team has jetted back home after winning bronze at the World Cup qualifier tournament in Taiwan.
The seven day event saw Kenya showcase it’s prowess in the sport before meeting the best of the best at the Kabaddi World Cup tournament later this year.
The team which had been sponsored by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, Nairobi County Women Rep Esther Passaris and SportPesa is expected to travel to Dubai in October for the Kabaddi World Cup tournament.
“We are going to play our own game at the World Cup and this time we are bringing the trophy home,” said Odhiambo Zuma the team captain.
Head coach Laventa Oguta stressed out that the team really did their best in Taiwan and come World Cup they are going to perform even better.
- Rugby: Crusaders review 'offensive' name, branding after mosque attackRugby 1 month ago
- Photos: Mo Salah, Mane and Aubameyang all win Golden BootFootball 1 week ago
- Five matches that won La Liga for BarcelonaFootball 3 weeks ago
- Conspiracy: Liverpool fans smell a rat after Man City ease to victory at Old TraffordPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Man City overtake Man United as most valuable clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars to face Mané, Mahrez in Afcon 2019Football 1 month ago
- Video: Mo Farah struggles on treadmill ahead of London MarathonAthletics 3 weeks ago