Kenya’s Kabaddi team win bronze at World cup qualifier Championship
The Kenya Kabaddi team has jetted back home after winning bronze at the World Cup qualifier tournament in Taiwan.
The seven day event saw Kenya showcase it’s prowess in the sport before meeting the best of the best at the Kabaddi World Cup tournament later this year.
The team which had been sponsored by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, Nairobi County Women Rep Esther Passaris and SportPesa is expected to travel to Dubai in October for the Kabaddi World Cup tournament.
“We are going to play our own game at the World Cup and this time we are bringing the trophy home,” said Odhiambo Zuma the team captain.
Head coach Laventa Oguta stressed out that the team really did their best in Taiwan and come World Cup they are going to perform even better.
- Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hopeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago