Cristiano Ronaldo makes sick fan's dream come true with surprise trip [Photos]
A sick child’s dream came true after Cristiano Ronaldo flew him out to Italy and treated him to a surprise tour of Juventus’ training ground.
Joseph, who is 10 years old and from Bristol, was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2013 and has since undergone extensive surgeries and therapies.
The youngster has long admired Ronaldo, the Portuguese superstar who has won European football’s biggest honours with the likes of Manchester United, Real Madrid and current employers Juve.
And the 34-year-old forward was keen to turn the kid’s dream into a reality by playing his part in a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
The trip, which was arranged with the help of Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity and their supporters Pitch International, involved flying Joseph and has family out to Turin.
Joseph was greeted by his hero at Juventus’ state-of-the-art training centre before receiving an exclusive tour of the base.
Mum Kelly said: "Wow, wow wow! We can’t thank you enough for all that you have done to make this happen.
“The whole experience was incredible and Joseph was overwhelmed with joy.
“He didn’t know he was meeting Cristiano until the moment he appeared and his reaction was all worth it.
"We’ve been spoiled rotten and Ronaldo was so happy to have photos and sign our things."
Ronaldo has enjoyed a memorable debut campaign with Juve after arriving from Madrid last summer.
The Champions League winner has notched 28 goals in 42 appearances in all competitions, helping them lift the Serie A title in the process.
- Cheruiyot earns promotion ahead of World ChampionshipsAthletics 23 hours ago
- Teenager Saka scores as Arsenal win at Frankfurt in Europa LeagueFootball 2 hours ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 1 day ago
- Deaflympics: Kenya team continue good performancesAthletics 1 day ago
- Ballon d'Or organisers introduce goalkeeper awardFootball 4 hours ago
- Former football star passes away after battle with motor neurone diseaseFootball 1 day ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 2 days ago