Luke Shaw named Manchester United's Player of the Year (Photos)
Luke Shaw has won Manchester United's Player of the Year award.
The defender succeeds David De Gea, who won the award - also known as the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award - last season.
Thursday night's annual awards ceremony took place at Old Trafford, where Shaw was also named Players' Player of the Year, as voted for by his team-mates.
Mason Greenwood meanwhile won the Young Player of the Year award, Tahith Chong was named Reserve team Player of the Year and Andreas Pereira won the goal of the season award with his effort against Southampton.
Katie Zelem won the Women's Player of the Year award.
All of the Manchester United players were in attendance, dressed to the nines and joined by their significant others.
The mood wasn't as light as it has been in previous years though, given United's disappointing campaign.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had hoped to secure Champions League football for next season with a top four finish this season.
But the Norwegian was unable to get a win against relegated Huddersfield at the John Smith's Stadium last time out.
As a result Manchester United cannot finish in the top four this campaign, even ahead of their final match of the season.
The Red Devils sign off at Old Trafford on Sunday against relegated Cardiff City, whose fate was settled against Crystal Palace last time out.
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago