Student dies celebrating Champions League semi-final goal
A jubilant Ghanaian Liverpool fan died on Thursday while celebrating Liverpool’s fourth 4th goal against FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League semifinal.
Liverpool's fourth goal came from a corner kick taken quickly by full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold as the Barcelona team switched off and Divock Origi scored to make it 4-0.
According to a report by Ghanaweb.com, Hebert Danso Atiko, a final year engineering student of the Akwatia Technical School fell to the ground unconsciously after the English side scored the fourth goal in a stunning comeback to eliminate Barcelona from the Champion League.
The Administrator of the Institute, Michael Okyere in an interview on Kasapa FM said the deceased’s friends around are said to have poured water on him hoping to resuscitate him, but he did not gain consciousness hence rushed him to the St. Dominic’s Hospital.
The fourth-year student, who was reportedly writing his final exams, was pronounced dead at the St. Dominic’s Hospital in Akwatia shortly after arrival.
Both Tottenham and Liverpool completed incredible revivals to book their spots in the Champions League final on June 2nd.
Liverpool completed an unbelievable comeback from 3-0 down after the first leg to beat Barcelona 4-0 and reach the Champions League final.
This is the second time in a row that Barcelona has blown up a first leg win to their opponents and has come crushing out of the competition
Last season they beat Roma 4-1 at the Camp Nou and in the second leg they lost three nil in Rome and came crushing out of the competition on the away goal rule.
At the finals, Kenyans will be split in half as their boys as Tottenham’s Victor Wanyama and Liverpool’s Divock Origi will meet in the final after Spurs came from 2-0 to win 3-2 in their semi-final second leg at Ajax.
- Premier League winner to leave club after 11 yearsFootball 1 month ago
- Kenyan runner Wambui fears testosterone rules will end careerAthletics 1 month ago
- [VIDEO] Salah flinches away from reporter in Madrid as he thought she tried kissing himFootball 3 weeks ago
- Diego Costa banned for the rest of the seasonFootball 2 months ago
- Manchester United close to announcing second signing in two weeksFootball 6 days ago
- School games: Laiser Hill start title defence with victoryBasketball 2 months ago
- Manchester United superstars in rift over scoring bonusesFootball 1 month ago