AFC Leopards meet Slum boys as Gor Mahia face big test
Posta Rangers coach John Kamau is confident he will not fall victim to the relagation misery in the Sportpesa Premier League this season.
The mailmen, who welcome third-placed Bandari in an early kick off match in Machakos today, found themselves only six points above the drop zone ahead of their remaining seven fixtures of the campaign.
The 2pm match will be followed by a crunch tie between title hopefuls Sofapaka and Tusker at 4.15pm.
Batoto Ba Mungu, who are just seven points behind league leaders Gor Mahia (59), will be seeking for a win as they pray for the 17-time Kenyan champions to stumble against Western Stima in Kisumu.
“We are trying to run our own race and it doesn’t matter what happens with the other teams. We just need to continue grinding out the results and see what happens in the next few weeks. But if Gor Mahia slip ups well and good,” said Sofapaka coach John Barasa.
And fresh from getting a 2-0 walk over win against Nzoia Sugar, eighth ranked AFC Leopards face a test of character when they host a tactical Mathare United in a highly anticipated match at Bukhungu Stadium.
Though Leopards are desperate to avenge their first leg 2-0 defeat to the fourth-placed Slum boys, it will not be a walk in the park for them as Francis Kimanzi’s men are also enjoying a fine run.
Rangers have registered mixed results in their last six matches; two wins, two draws and two losses.
But with the quality in the team, the former Thika United coach is convinced the mailmen will lift themselves away from trouble. “To be very honest with you, I as a coach I’m not thinking about relegation,” said Kamau.
It was the same message from Western Stima coach Salim Babu as the 13th placed powermen prepare to face fancied K’Ogalo at Moi Stadium. “Our immediate target is to avoid relegation then start planning for next season,” said Babu.
- Boston Marathon: Kenyans hope to impressAthletics 3 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 week ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 week ago
- La Liga round 38 preview: Valencia out to hold on to top four spotFootball 2 months ago
- Boxing: Mayweather vs Pacquiao rematch confirmedBoxing 3 months ago