Asbel Kiprop asks National Police Service to dismiss him, threatens to â€˜misuseâ€™ his gun
Former 1500m world champion Asbel Kiprop has urged the National Police Service (NPS) to relieve him of his duties.
A distressed Kiprop threatened to use his gun to ‘earn himself justice’ via a Facebook post. He went ahead to ask (IAAF) International Association of Athletics Federation to take back his medals.
“I pray to National Police Service to dismiss me Now. Before I use their machinery to earn myself Justice. Kindly IAAF come take your medals. I don’t need any on my house wall,” Kiprop posted.
The IAAF Disciplinary Tribunal banned Kiprop for four years last Saturday.
Kiprop had been suspended in May last year by IAAF’s Athletes Integrity Unit (AIU) after testing positive for Erythroprotein (EPO), a blood-boosting substance which increases the production of red blood cells, encouraging more oxygen flow in the body.
The AIU confirmed that two urine samples collected from Asbel’s home on November 27, 2017 returned adverse findings, confirming the presence of EPO in his system.
The veteran welcomed as one of the finest middle distance runners of this era, refused to take the Adverse Doping Result Verdict (ADRV) lying down, storming social media accusing AIU of a personal witch hunt.
The 29-year-old stressed that his original samples had been tampered with by officials -- who he claimed were punishing him for not being generous enough with the money he gave them.
- Champions League, Europa League suspended indefinitely – UEFAFootball 2 days ago
- Wimbledon set to be cancelled for first time since World War twoTennis 2 days ago
- Premier League coach takes voluntary pay cut due to coronavirus Premier League 2 days ago
- Aston Villa captain Grealish apologises for breaking social distancing rulesPremier League 1 day ago
- Former Marseille president dies in Senegal after contracting coronavirus Football 2 days ago
- New Zealand slash salaries as sport reels from virusRugby 1 day ago
- April Fools Day: Messi not leaving BarcelonaGossip & Rumours 1 day ago