KDF win Chairman’s Cup at Mbaraki Club
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) men and women Taekwondo teams were crowned the overall winners of the Kenya Chairman’s Cup at Mbaraki Sports Club over the weekend.
The disciplined forces players displayed exceptional skills, dominating in almost all the weight categories to maintain the rhythm and proof to be the best team in the country.
The team, which is currently top of the national league standings, walked away with 10 gold, three silver and five bronze medals ahead of Coast High Kicks who emerged second with two gold, three silver and a bronze medals.
The third position went to a regional team composed of players from the coastal region where they bagged one gold, four silver and two bronze medals, ahead of Murang’a Taekwondo Team who managed one gold and two bronze medals.
In the flyweight men category, Fabian Ali of KDF bagged the first gold medal for his team beating second-placed Mohamed Hassan of Mombasa County while Said Mohamed of Bilal was third.
In bantamweight, Adam Kamau of KDF extended the medal harvest clinching a gold medal, before Edwin Lemiso also from KDF won gold in featherweight.
In welterweight, Robert Omondi and Mohamed Hassan both from KDF took first and second positions winning gold and silver Medals respectively.
In women flyweight, KDF’s Sharon Nyambura won gold ahead of Loise Nasoro of Coast High Kicks.
In women welterweight category Caroline Kimani of KDF won gold.
Other teams who participated were Waithaka Taekwondo team, Mombasa County, Bilal, Kwale, Kilifi, Black Heroes and Migori teams who followed in that order.
- The knowledge of the Rules of Golf is a never-ending journeyGolf 3 hours ago
- Forbes: Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first ever billionaire footballerFootball 8 hours ago
- Premier League agrees on five subs for rest of this seasonPremier League 12 hours ago
- Graft: FIFA ‘mafia’ depicted in new Amazon Prime satireFootball 13 hours ago
- Tokyo weighs scaled-back Olympics, says governor KoikeAthletics 13 hours ago