Kenya team off to Ivory Coast for Africa show
Africa 5,000m champion Edward Zakayo and Francis Leshoo have been included in the national team to the 14th Africa under-18 and under-20 Championships that run in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, on April 18-22.
The 45-member team that left yesterday for the west African nation included world under-20 1,500m champion George Manangoi, world cross country junior champion Beatrice Chebet and Lydia Jeruto.
Age cheating and injuries forced Athletics Kenya to drop some athletes from the team.
Dolphine Omare replaced Agnes Chebet in 5,000m, who has not recovered from injury while Bravin Kipkosgei substituted Sammy Chebolei, the winner in the national trials, who was ruled out over age cheating. Ronald Kipng’etich replaced Hillary Mosop in 3,000m steeplechase.
Omare will partner with world under-20 5,000m and world cross country champion Beatrice Chebet. Zakayo will replace Reuben Poghiso, who failed to secure a passport in time.
- Harambee Stars to face Mané, Mahrez in Afcon 2019Football 2 months ago
- Two fans injured in Baku before Europa League final Football 3 weeks ago
- What Mino Raiola's transfer ban could mean for Paul Pogba, 6 other starsFootball 1 month ago
- Do these photos mean Lampard will come to Chelsea with Drogba as his assistant?Football 1 week ago
- Local Golfers to experience world class golfGolf 1 month ago
- Cameroonian girls defy prejudice to pursue soccer dreamsFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal’s new Adidas pre-match kit leaked [Photos]Football 1 month ago