Manny Pacquiao trains teenage son for boxing career - and leaves wife in tears
Manny Pacquiao's 18-year-old son Jimuel is being trained by his father as he learns how to box.
But his decision to get into the ring hasn't best pleased his parents.
Pacquiao, 40, has revealed it "pains" him to see his child step between the ropes whilst his wife, Jinkee, was reduced to tears when he told his parents he wanted to take up the brutal sport.
The Filipino legend only took up the sport to escape the streets of the Philippines after a tough upbringing and now his son, real name Emmanuel, is adamant he wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
A clip posted by Jinkee Pacquiao showed the youngster being put through his paces and given tips by his Dad, an eight-division world champion considered one of the greatest boxers of all-time.
"While I was watching them, I was about to cry. My son really wants to be a boxer," she said.
"Manny said, 'Babe, we finally have a boxer in the family. Nothing can stop him."
WBA welterweight champion Pacquiao commented: "It pains me that he is boxing because I know how hard it is.
"I told him, 'Daddy only went into boxing because of poverty... you don't need to box.
"[Jimuel] said, ‘Daddy, like you boxing is my passion also. I want to be a representative of this country as an athlete'.
“His mummy had cried several times telling him, 'Don't go into boxing, son'. [But] he really wants to do it."
Pacquiao defeated Adrian Broner in his 70th professional fight earlier this year.
He has been linked with a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr but is expected to take on Keith Thurman in his next fight.
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago