Former Kenya Cup side Western Bulls
Former Kenya Cup side Western Bulls are on course for a return to top flight rugby after finishing the 2018-19 KRU Championship regular season with a 10-6 win over University of Eldoret.
The Echulusi are now second in the log with 54 points, five above United States International University-Africa (USIU) RFC, who have two matches in hand.
Scrumhalf Fidel Nyota and prop Joseph Obiero unconverted tries was enough to hand victory to the Kakamega outfit victory and team coach Bram Shikanda said he was happy they made the playoffs.
“I am happy we have achieved our target of making it to the playoffs. The season has been tricky but we have to focus on making it to the 2019-20 Kenya Cup season,” Shikanda said.
In Kakamega, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology denied Kisii a playoff position finish after defeating them 13-0.
Claus Shirievo touched down twice for the university students while John Bahati slotted in a penalty to seal a fantastic season for the newbies who will become the second team after Kabras Sugar RFC to make quick Kenya Cup promotion.
The Kisii side needed maximum points to reach the playoffs at the expense of Mombasa who finished sixth.
In Nakuru, Catholic University defeated Egerton Wasps 32-10.
- Why Kenya’s Crouch fears Algerian star BounedjahSports 2 days ago
- Sports Golf-Standard County Golf Classic lands at Limuru Course this morning Golf 2 days ago
- Rosenberger clinches Classic Rally crownSports 2 days ago
- Tusker pile more woes on Sharks as Bandari hit Wazito at MbarakiFootball 2 days ago
- Gaming:BetLion launch Virtual Football LeagueSports 2 days ago
- Masinde Muliro upbeat ahead of clash against StrathmoreRugby 2 days ago
- Poor show for Shujaa as they miss quarters slotRugby 2 days ago