Diego Maradona's daughter 'walked in on Argentine legend taking drugs'
Diego Maradona's daughter has revealed that her sister once walked in on him taking drugs in their family bathroom.
Maradona’s youngest daughter with ex-wife Claudia Villafane, Gianinna, made the revelation when speaking on the TV programme 'Intrusos' broadcast by La Red in Argentina.
Gianinna, who says she does not speak to her father, recalled her time growing up with him when he was addicted to cocaine.
She said: “Once my sister (Dalma) walked into the bathroom and my dad was taking drugs.”
She also remembered when her dad was taken to hospital on her 15th birthday because of his addiction, saying: “They wouldn’t let me see him. Leaving him there was terrible, he stayed there and we left.”
Gianinna, 29, says her dad once woke up in hospital when he was with ex-girlfriend Veronica Ojeda and began calling the name of his ex-wife Villafane, saying: “When my dad woke up in hospital he was with Veronica and she started shouting for Claudia.
“There is something that I will never forgive my dad for but I’m going to keep it for myself because I want to preserve my son and my niece.”
Maradona has previously admitted to being addicted to cocaine from the mid-1980s until 2004.
He allegedly began using the drug in Barcelona in 1983 and continued using it for the rest of his career.
He had kept up a cordial relationship with his daughters and his ex-wife until recent years.
The footballing icon did not attend his daughter Dalma’s wedding last year after she failed to invite his the girlfriend Rocio Olivar, which reportedly sparked a family feud.
Gianinna spoke about the feud, saying: “I dream they can leave us alone. He can be happy with the choices he has made, and he can let my mum be happy. Seeing your mother suffer is very sad, I have seen her suffer a lot, as I have seen him suffer too.”
Diego Maradona is currently the head of Mexican second-tier side Dorados de Sinaloa.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago