Rangers manager Gerrard handed touchline ban for misconduct
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has been handed a one-match touchline ban after accepting a charge of misconduct following Sunday’s 2-1 defeat in the Scottish Premiership by Glasgow rivals Celtic.
The Scottish FA said the former England captain had taken a fixed offer.
The Daily Record reported Gerrard was understood to have made comments to referee Bobby Madden after the loss at Celtic Park.
In the match, Gerrard’s side were reduced to 10 men after half an hour when Colombian Alfredo Morelos was sent off for a fifth time this season, with Rangers slipping 13 points behind Celtic and seven games remaining.
- Mario Balotelli's own fans release statement backing racist supporters Football 2 days ago
- Kenya 7s team beat Uganda in Africa Men’s Rugby final to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games in TokyoRugby 2 days ago
- Chelsea go second with a 2-0 win over Crystal PalaceFootball 2 days ago
- Boxer dies after a freak accident in trainingBoxing 2 days ago
- Tottenham 1 – 1 Sheffield Utd: Spluttering Spurs held at home by Sheffield UnitedFootball 2 days ago
- Looking at this latest EPL table, do you think Man Utd can displace Arsenal?Football 2 days ago
- Arsenal beaten by Leicester Football 2 days ago