15 players who could leave Manchester United in the summer
As impossible as it sounds, Manchester United, one of the greatest football clubs in the world, could lose not one but 15 of its star players come the end of the season.
This is simply because all of the fifteen have contracts approaching their penultimate stages and have shown no signs of a breakthrough in negotiations.
After the league defeat to Wolves on Tuesday, most Man United fans questioned the commitment and quality of some players – for once in many years, some Man United players do not seem to be playing for the badge.
Could the Red Devils’ self-confidence have diminished in such a short period of time, just when the world thought Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was the right man for the job?
Could some of the star players have grown comfortable at the club and feel indispensable to the coach?
With only six matches left to decide the Champions League places in the Premier League, Man United cannot afford to drop more points, if they want to feature in Europe’s premier club football competition next season.
However, before thinking about the future, Man United still have pending contract issues with some of its key stars.
Game Yetu highlights the Man United players who could leave the club at the end of the season (with expiring contracts).
Ander Herrera – 2019
Spanish utility player Ander Herrera could be the first one to make his way out of Old Trafford, possibly to join French juggernauts Paris St Germain for free this summer. He has only two months left on his contract, with reports emerging he feels discontented with his current wage.
David de Gea
Arguably the best goalkeeper in the world at the moment, David De Gea could see his way out of Man United in the summer if the club doesn’t give in to his wage demands. Even though Man United decided to trigger a 12-month extension on his contract, he could be bent on leaving if his wage demands, which he feels should be close to matching some of the best-paid members in the team are not met.
Here are the other Man United players with expiring contracts:
Lee Grant, 2020
Dean Henderson, 2020
Eric Bailly, 2020
Ashley Young, 2020
Axel Tuanzebe, 2020
Timothy Fosu-Mensah, 2020
Nemanja Matic, 2020
Andreas Pereira, 2020
Marcus Rashford, 2020
Juan Mata, 2019
Antonio Valencia, 2019
Matteo Darmian, 2019
James Wilson, 2019
- Mourinho attacks Ajax manager after shock UCL elimination by TottenhamFootball 1 month ago
- BIG blow for Chelsea! Marcos Alonso delivers BAD NEWS to fansFootball 3 weeks ago
- Bad news on Chelsea manager Sarri leaving hours after Hazard left for Real MadridFootball 1 week ago
- Trump awards Tiger Woods Presidential Medal of FreedomGolf 1 month ago
- What is a walkover in modern day football?Football 1 month ago
- ‘Bench David De Gea NOW’ – Solskjaer told by ex-Arsenal starFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal fans demand one player is sold immediately after Palace defeatPremier League 1 month ago