Football: Find out how African transfer business is chasing Europe and the world
There were days when African inter-club transfers weren't as jaw-dropping and many of them went unnoticed as players changed clubs either on trivial transfer fees or on free transfers.
However, things seem to be looking up for the African clubs and their players with the transfer market doing well in terms of player value and profits being racked in by the clubs.
The African version
This week, Gor Mahia's Rwandan striker Jacques Tuyisenge was reported to be in the centre of a stunning Sh50 million transfer merry go round that is set to involve several clubs and players.
The transfer game involves Congolese club AS Vita, Moroccan based AS Berkane, and DR Congo Star striker Jean-Marc Makusu Mundele.
The deal is set to start in DRC as AS Vita prepare for the possible mega Sh50 million from AS Berkane for their crown jewel Mundele.
The DRC outfit intends to use part of that money to capture Gor star Tuyisenge who is valued at around Sh25 million.
If the deal happens, Gor Mahia is expected to pocket Sh20 million with the player taking home Sh5 million as signing bonus.
However, K'Ogalo may find themselves in a difficult place if they refuse to do business early. AS Vita could play a waiting game which could bring the forward's value down or deny Gor a chance to cash in.
The European version
The merry go round transfers are popular in Europe.
In the January transfer window of the 2017-18 season, there was a similar deal involving Arsenal forward Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang, Olivier Giroud and Mitchy Batshuayi.
The trio replaced each other at their respective clubs with Auba replacing Giroud at Arsenal as he moved to Chelsea to replace Dortmund bound Batshuayi.
Therefore, it is probably normal for Europeans.
But if the African version happens, it will open the door for more of that nature as the Continent looks up to her sisters for inspiration.
- Former Arsenal star deadFootball 1 week ago
- European star has played his last game for Arsenal after suffering injury blowFootball 3 weeks ago
- Three broke Kenyan footballers find solace in rich woman’s bedroomGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Why Aubameyang’s missed chances against Brighton could haunt ArsenalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Watford 0-1 Arsenal: Gunners head into Premier League top fourFootball 1 month ago
- Liverpool player wages revealed Ahead of Tottenham clashFootball 1 month ago
- Why Salah is the reason Man City will win Premier LeaguePremier League 1 month ago