Conor McGregor drops major hint about his next UFC opponent
Conor McGregor has hinted he will complete his trilogy with Nate Diaz when he returns to the UFC.
The Irishman is expected to fight at UFC 239 on July 6 in Las Vegas in what would be his first bout since he lost to Khabib Nurmagomedov last October.
McGregor had initially been expected to face Donald Cerrone but 'Cowboy' is now slated to take on Al Iaquinta in his next outing.
And former bantamweight and lightweight champion McGregor said: "[Diaz] fought me, he beat me. He gave me a rematch at the exact same weight, there was no hesitation, that's a true fighter right there.
"I have nothing but respect - I owe him the trilogy now and the trilogy will happen."
McGregor lost to Diaz in an upset defeat in March 2016 but avenged the loss five months later.
He went on to beat Eddie Alvarez to win the 155lb belt while Diaz has not stepped in the Octagon since.
McGregor failed to win back the lightweight belt when he was submitted by Nurmagomedov last year.
Both men were banned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission but McGregor will be eligible to return next month.
The Dubliner was in trouble last week when he was arrested after allegedly smashing a fan's phone in Miami.
- Shujaa hopeful of Main Cup Quarter final spotRugby 1 day ago
- Champions League rule Chelsea broke while playing Bayern Munich – WengerFootball 1 day ago
- Chapa Dimba: Raiders and Dagoretti win Nairobi honoursFootball 2 days ago
- Deontay Wilder says his huge ring walk costume contributed to his defeatBoxing 2 days ago
- PSG Superstar hates Manchester United so much that he even turns off the TV Football 2 days ago
- Ramogi falls short of making Olympic Games teamBoxing 14 hours ago
- Sarri says he is struggling to impose his style on JuventusFootball 41 minutes ago