Lionel Messi will â€˜disappear and hideâ€™ against Man Utd, predicts Spanish pundit
Lionel Messi seemingly didn't impress everyone with his remarkable hat-trick against Real Betis on Sunday.
The Argentinean's treble - which included a stunning free-kick to start and a brilliant chip to finish - captured the attention of fans around the globe, and led to huge praise from Barcelona teammate Arturo Vidal.
"We have to enjoy (Lionel Messi) a lot, we have to take advantage of having him," said the former Juventus and Bayern Munich man, via Sport.
"His talent will never be seen again in the world. He’s so impressive. You saw it today and any time he goes on the pitch.”
But one man who wasn't impressed was Spanish pundit and self-confessed Real Madrid superfan Tomas Roncero.
The pundit and broadcaster's anti-Barca and anti-Messi views on the 'El Chiringuito' TV show have become regular sights in Spain and he was at it again after Messi's treble.
The 53-year-old - who was wearing a Real Madrid jacket - launched into an incredible tirade and predicted that Messi would "disappear and hide" against Manchester United in the Champions League quarter-finals next month.
His rant was summed up by Sport, who report: "The talking head spoke about Messi and claimed that Barcelona would be knocked out of the Champions League by Manchester United at the quarter-final stage and that Messi would disappear from the game.
"He said Messi would hide and leave the team knocked out once again.
"On Twitter his comment was highlighted as something to be remembered, to bring up further down the line. "
We'll see, Tomas. We'll see.
- ‘Equal Pay!’ – American fans demand progress in women’s footballFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago