Suarez injury could rule him out of Man Utd Champions League clash
Barcelona could be without star striker Luis Suarez when they face Manchester United in the Champions League next month.
Suarez suffered a sprained ankle in their 4-1 win over Real Betis on Sunday after he had scored a stunning solo effort earlier in the game.
The Uruguayan was replaced in stoppage time and underwent further tests on Monday to discover the extent of the damage.
The club announced he will be out for 10-15 days and he was withdrawn from international duty with Uruguay to undergo treatment in Spain.
Suarez is likely to be fit for their trip to Old Trafford on April 10 before the second leg at the Nou Camp six days later.
But he still faces far from ideal preparation - and any setbacks could see him become a serious doubt for the key quarter-final clash.
The La Liga giants will already be without powerful forward Ousmane Dembele for both games with United after he suffered a hamstring tear against Lyon in midweek.
With Suarez also a doubt, it could mean former Liverpool man Philippe Coutinho is primed to play a major role against Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.
Coutinho has struggled for form since his big-money move to Spain and has been linked with a Premier League return with the Red Devils.
Barcelona face local rivals Espanyol in their next La Liga game before a top of the table clash with Atletico Madrid the following week before their Champions League showdown, with Suarez looking unlikely to feature.
The Catalan club are edging closer to the La Liga title with a 10-point advantage over second-placed Atletico - but they're determined to also land the Champions League whilst a spot in the Copa del Rey final means hopes of a treble are still alive.
- Klopp urges Salah to use teammate as inspirationPremier League 1 month ago
- Klopp tells Liverpool fans to get good night's sleep ahead of gameFootball 1 month ago
- UEFA: Ronaldo fined 20,000 euros for ‘cojones’ celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Ex-Liverpool star hospitalised after street attackGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Chelsea manager Sarri charged with misconductFootball 1 day ago
- Premier League players to boycott social media in racism protestPremier League 6 days ago
- Harambee Stars to face Mané, Mahrez in Afcon 2019Football 1 week ago