Magical Kenya Open 2019 [Photos]
Italy's Guido Migliozzi became the second Italian to win the coveted Magical Kenya 2019 presented by Absa yesterday.
The 22-year-old Italian, ranked 28th on the Road to Dubai, carded a closing 16-under 69 to claim the Sh20.5 million purse at Karen Golf & Country Club.
Migliozzi's victory is the second successive win by an Italian at the Barclays Kenya Open, renamed Magical Kenya Open, after Lorenzo Gagli, who won last year.
Migliozzi waded off stiff challenge from South African Justin Hardin, who carded a closing -15-under 66, tied on second place finish with compatriot Louis De Jager.
It was his first European Tour win and indeed first top 10 on any major circuit, having graduated through Qualifying School, prior to which his three victories had all come on the Alps Tour.
Migliozzi showed no sign of nerves as he reached the 18th leading by one, with his second shot into the par four hitting the flag. From there he two-putted to secure victory.
"Today was a great battle. I like this moment, I like the pressure. It is like a drug. I like playing with a lot of people watching me and a lot of cameras," said Migliozzi in a post-match interview.
Here are some photos from the magnificent tournament captured by Game Yetu:
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago