Mesut Ozil’s attention caught by Kenyan herdsboy, sends merchandise in plenty [Photos]
Mesut Ozil is clearly one of the most generous footballers on the planet.
The Arsenal superstar just made a Kenyan herdsboy’s day by sending him merchandise, after the boy appeared on social media donning self-made Ozil shirt while looking after cattle in Nairobi.
Lawrence was spotted by Sports journalist Eric Njiru in the capital taking care of the heard. The journalist tweeted the photo and tagged Ozil and Arsenal.
“I saw this kid today grazing in the streets of Nairobi - a city without really grass for cows. He told me he loves MesutOzil1088 so much (You can see his shirt). Maybe one day this can reach Ozil and get a real Arsenal shirt,” tweeted Njiru.
The tweeted went viral immediately – catching the eye of the Gunners midfielder, who in response, sent Lawrence two signed Arsenal jerseys and a pair of boots.
“The picture of a Kenyan boy with a self-made shirt on Twitter touched me so much. And look at Lawrence now – it’s so heartwarming to see him and his brothers happy,” Ozil tweeted.
Here are some photos of Lawrence and his family receiving Ozil’s gift:
Game Yetu thanks Mesut Ozil for making young Lawrence's dreams come true.
- Tottenham 4-0 Huddersfield: Lucas Moura hat-trick keeps top-four dream aliveFootball 1 month ago
- Caster Semenya loses landmark legal case over testosterone levelsAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Man United and Spurs granted licenses to play in new League next seasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Trump to award Tiger Woods the Presidential Medal of FreedomGolf 1 month ago
- Why Liverpool fans are angry with Klopp's tactical change after Messi goalFootball 3 weeks ago
- UEFA breaks silence on potential Champions League ban for Man CityFootball 4 days ago
- Athletics Kenya drops two athletes over Testosterone levelsAthletics 2 weeks ago