Mesut Ozilâ€™s attention caught by Kenyan herdsboy, sends merchandise in plenty [Photos]
Mesut Ozil is clearly one of the most generous footballers on the planet.
The Arsenal superstar just made a Kenyan herdsboy’s day by sending him merchandise, after the boy appeared on social media donning self-made Ozil shirt while looking after cattle in Nairobi.
Lawrence was spotted by Sports journalist Eric Njiru in the capital taking care of the heard. The journalist tweeted the photo and tagged Ozil and Arsenal.
“I saw this kid today grazing in the streets of Nairobi - a city without really grass for cows. He told me he loves MesutOzil1088 so much (You can see his shirt). Maybe one day this can reach Ozil and get a real Arsenal shirt,” tweeted Njiru.
The tweeted went viral immediately – catching the eye of the Gunners midfielder, who in response, sent Lawrence two signed Arsenal jerseys and a pair of boots.
“The picture of a Kenyan boy with a self-made shirt on Twitter touched me so much. And look at Lawrence now – it’s so heartwarming to see him and his brothers happy,” Ozil tweeted.
Here are some photos of Lawrence and his family receiving Ozil’s gift:
Game Yetu thanks Mesut Ozil for making young Lawrence's dreams come true.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago