AFC Leopards quench thirst with Tusker
AFC Leopards continued their resurgence with a 2-1 win over Tusker in a Saturday SportPesa Premier League match in Machakos that saw both teams finish with 10 men each.
Congolese import Wayi Yeka and Vincent Oburu’s second half goals is all that Leopards needed to move away from relegation zone as Tusker suffered a fourth consecutive defeat.
Substitute Muzerwa Amini controversially pulled a goal back for the brewers but that could not save them.
Leopards had to play with a man less after Isaac Kipyegon was sent off for a second bookable offence eight minutes to halftime.
Boniface Muchiri was also red carded on the opposite end midway through the second half.
After a frustrating barren first half, Yeka broke the dead lock in the 62nd minute by tapping home substitute Moses Mburu’s corner kick.
This was just after the Congolese had wasted a golden chance.
But AFC suffered an injury blow after Mburu was stretched off with a suspected knee injury.
Tusker had a chance to draw level but Llyod Wahome, who’s leaving the team after many years of service, fluffed his close range shot.
Oburu doubled the lead in the 72nd minute when he received a through ball.
- Boxing: Mayweather vs Pacquiao rematch confirmedBoxing 1 month ago
- Have Man City destroyed Premier League trophy days after winning it? [Photos]Premier League 5 days ago
- Photos: Meet dentist behind Liverpool stars’ smilesFootball 1 month ago
- Semenya decision to be announced by CAS on WednesdayAthletics 3 weeks ago
- How Bayern missed chance to seal Bundesliga title, Dortmund get crucial winFootball 2 weeks ago
- Arsenal man announces he is out for the rest of the season with groin injuryFootball 3 weeks ago
- Tiger Woods’ Masters win summed up in PhotosGolf 1 month ago