VIDEO: Man United fans' rapturous reaction after Red Devils knocked out PSG in Champions League
A video of Manchester United fans in Kenya celebrating after victory over French giants Paris Saint Germain (PSG) in the UEFA Champions League has attracted the attention of soccer lovers around the world.
It is not clear where the video was shot but it is believed to be of local university students?
In just a few hours, the video had numerous retweets as die-hards of the Red Devils celebrated deep into the night.
United went into the match with almost zero chance of progressing but did the unexpected by edging out their opponents courtesy of a brace by Romelu Lukaku and a stoppage-time penalty by Marcus Rashford.
PSG thought they had the tie in the bag after a 2-0 win at Old Trafford but quickly fell behind after some sloppy defending.
They quickly restored parity through Juan Bernat but a mistake by experienced Italian keeper Gianluigi Buffon handed the Red Devils a lifeline before the break.
United were without a host of regular starters and played a makeshift midfield that was, in all honesty, overrun by the French champions.
However, a minute into stoppage time, Diogo Dalot’s ambitious shot from just outside the box appeared to hit the arm of Presnel Kimpembe, prompting the referee to seek the assistance of VAR.
After a moment of anxiety for both sets of fans, Damir Skovina pointed to the penalty spot and a nervy-looking Rashford expertly dispatched the spot-kick past Buffon.
The game went deep into stoppage time but after the final whistle, it was jubilation for Man Utd fans around the world and despair for PSG.
There were screams and chants of victory around major clubs and football joints in the city as fans tried to come to terms with what had unfolded at the Parc des Princes.
THE VIRAL VIDEO:
- Harambee Stars to face Mané, Mahrez in Afcon 2019Football 1 month ago
- Football: Solskjaer confident he's right man for United revival missionPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Manchester United: Luke Shaw wins best player award (Photos)Football 1 week ago
- Boston Marathon: Kenyans hope to impressAthletics 1 month ago
- Jurgen Klopp: Messi is unstoppableFootball 2 weeks ago
- Upper Hill trounces Laiser Hill to lift rugby 7s titleRugby 1 month ago
- 'You are a womanizing liar' – Alexis Sanchez slammed by gorgeous model [Photos]Football 1 month ago