Coach Valverde extends stay at Barcelona
Spanish champions Barcelona announced Friday they have extended the contract of coach Ernesto Valverde for another season with the option of one more.
Valverde, who took over at the Camp Nou in 2017 after joining from Athletic Bilbao, won the league and cup double last season.
"FC Barcelona and Ernesto Valverde, the first team coach, have reached an agreement to extend the contract between the two parties for another season (2019/20) with the option for one more (2020/21)," the club said in a statement.
Valverde's previous contract would have expired at the end of this season.
He came within a whisker of leading Barca to an undefeated 2017/2018 season when only a defeat late in the season at Levante prevented the team from making history.
Barca's run of scoring in 37 consecutive matches in the league came to an end last Sunday with a goalless draw away to Athletic Bilbao.
- Mesut Ozil makes surprise transfer decisionFootball 1 month ago
- Liverpool fail to take advantage of Man United’s injury crisisPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Man City signs one of biggest commercial contracts in football historyFootball 2 weeks ago
- Magical Kenya Open: Caddies work is more than just carrying bagsGolf 5 days ago
- No Love lost: See how hot couples lit up Mashemeji derby [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Coutinho puts Manchester United on red alertFootball 5 days ago
- ‘We were not best mates’ – Bale makes shock admission on relationship with ZidaneFootball 1 month ago