Gor face Sofapaka as Sharks host Bandari
Dockers coach Mwalala calls for focus ahead of today’s duel at Kasarani.
Bandari coach Bernard Mwalala has played down talks that the dockers will be seeking revenge against Kariobangi Sharks when the two sides meet in today’s SportPesa Premier League match at Kasarani Stadium.
Bandari suffered a 1-0 defeat to Sharks in the 2019 SportPesa Super Cup final in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania last month.
The two sides are tightly matched, with just four points separating them in the top six.
While Bandari and Sharks will be clashing at Kasarani, John Baraza will be out to extend his unbeaten run to seven matches when third-placed Sofapaka battle with champions Gor Mahia in Nakuru tomorrow.
But with the coastal side eager to leapfrog Mathare to the top of the table, the former Kenyan international has urged his charges to focus on winning and not revenging.
“This is a different match in a different scenario, so there is nothing that could generate any type of feeling that we have to take revenge,” Mwalala told The Standard Sports. “As a coach, I’m not thinking about revenge, but preparing the boys to get positive results. We don’t need to keepit in our minds because it will give us unnecessary pressure. We leave that to the fans.”
For John Baraza, the outcome of big games like tomorrow’s can make a big difference when the points are tallied at the end of the season.
“It is always tough when playing against Gor Mahia. Both teams are enjoying a good run of form in the league and we are only separated by a point. That tells you how important the fixture is to both of us,” said Baraza.
K’Ogalo will be looking to bounce back to winning ways after losing 2-1 to Angolan side Petro Atletico in the mid-week’s CAF Confederations Group D match in Luanda.
In Machakos, Rwandan coach Andre Casa Mbungo will be hoping to guide struggling AFC Leopards from beneath cloud of gloom against Ulinzi Stars tomorrow.
- Cherono triumphs in Almond Blossom cross country raceAthletics 1 month ago
- Sadio Mane’s house broken into during Champions League clashFootball 1 month ago
- ‘I didn’t want to disobey Sarri’ – Chelsea keeper Kepa speaks outFootball 3 weeks ago
- Ibrahimovic reveals how Mourinho blasted him in front of team-matesFootball 4 days ago
- Southampton fans mock Emiliano Sala death with aeroplane gesturesFootball 1 month ago
- Man United boss Solskjaer confirms surprise starter Against ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Zizou is backFootball 1 week ago