Gor face Sofapaka as Sharks host Bandari
Dockers coach Mwalala calls for focus ahead of today’s duel at Kasarani.
Bandari coach Bernard Mwalala has played down talks that the dockers will be seeking revenge against Kariobangi Sharks when the two sides meet in today’s SportPesa Premier League match at Kasarani Stadium.
Bandari suffered a 1-0 defeat to Sharks in the 2019 SportPesa Super Cup final in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania last month.
The two sides are tightly matched, with just four points separating them in the top six.
While Bandari and Sharks will be clashing at Kasarani, John Baraza will be out to extend his unbeaten run to seven matches when third-placed Sofapaka battle with champions Gor Mahia in Nakuru tomorrow.
But with the coastal side eager to leapfrog Mathare to the top of the table, the former Kenyan international has urged his charges to focus on winning and not revenging.
“This is a different match in a different scenario, so there is nothing that could generate any type of feeling that we have to take revenge,” Mwalala told The Standard Sports. “As a coach, I’m not thinking about revenge, but preparing the boys to get positive results. We don’t need to keepit in our minds because it will give us unnecessary pressure. We leave that to the fans.”
For John Baraza, the outcome of big games like tomorrow’s can make a big difference when the points are tallied at the end of the season.
“It is always tough when playing against Gor Mahia. Both teams are enjoying a good run of form in the league and we are only separated by a point. That tells you how important the fixture is to both of us,” said Baraza.
K’Ogalo will be looking to bounce back to winning ways after losing 2-1 to Angolan side Petro Atletico in the mid-week’s CAF Confederations Group D match in Luanda.
In Machakos, Rwandan coach Andre Casa Mbungo will be hoping to guide struggling AFC Leopards from beneath cloud of gloom against Ulinzi Stars tomorrow.
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago