Joe Kadenge suffers stroke, admitted at Nairobi Hospital
Kenya football legend Joe Kadenge has been admitted at the Nairobi Hospital after suffering a stroke.
The 83-year-old is said to have been rushed to the hospital by his children on Thursday and admitted at the High Dependency Unit.
"The doctors say it is a stroke. He has not been able to talk for the past two days and we are really praying for his quick recovery,"
This is not the first time the football icon has suffered a stroke. In 2006, Kadenge collapsed at Camp Toyoyo Grounds, Nairobi on December 23 while watching a football match.
“We believe this is related to the passing on of our sister, Everlyn Kadenge, who died last Sunday in the United States,” he explained.
He was taken in for high blood sugar level complications and diabetes.
- Harambee Stars: Ready for mother of all battlesFootball 2 weeks ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 week ago
- Mbappe sent off as PSG lose in French Cup finalFootball 2 months ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 1 month ago