Maurizio Sarri reveals why he didn't shake Pep Guardiola's hand after Man City beat Chelsea
Under-pressure Maurizio Sarri claims he didn't see the waiting Pep Guardiola as he scarpered down the Etihad tunnel.
The Manchester City manager appeared ticked off that his Chelsea counterpart did shake his hand at the full-time whistle.
The heat is on Sarri after the 6-0 annihilation - and he says his desperation to return to the dressing room was behind the awkward full-time snub.
"I didn't see at that moment," the Blues boss said. "But of course as usually I will go to say hello to him later, as usual.
"It was by chance because I wanted to go to the dressing room at that moment, and I didn't see him.
"I don't have a problem with Pep."
When asked on Sky Sports about the incident, Guardiola played it down saying: "He didn't see me. I have a good relationship with him, no problem."
Chelsea have now lost seven of their last 21 games in all competitions and the manager accepts something is seriously wrong - and he isn't sure of his future.
“My job is always at risk,” he said on Sky Italia as his team blew the chance to return to the Champions League places.
"If the president [Roman Abramovich] calls, I’ll be happy, seeing as I never hear from him. To be honest, I don’t know what to expect.”
Sarri added: "I'm surprised because at the beginning of the season we played better away than at home so I don't know what has happened but at the moment we are in trouble.
"In the last three or four matches we were without a reaction from the first difficulty so we need to understand.
"It is difficult to describe our performance, it's difficult also to understand. We started well but after four minutes we conceded a goal in a stupid way."
- Transfer news: PSG superstar departs clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Super Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Top 16 most ridiculous quotes by the Swedish powerhouseFootball 2 months ago
- How Origi choked Messi in Champions League semi-finalFootball 1 month ago
- Kenyan players make top 10 in star-studded AFCON listFootball 3 days ago
- Sarri makes shock Chelsea quit admission ahead of Europa League finalFootball 1 month ago
- Brigid Kosgei wins London Marathon Women’s Elite RaceAthletics 1 month ago
- Juventus agree deal with Chelsea for Sarri Football 1 week ago