National Super League: Ushuru drop points again as Thika register second win
Kisumu All Stars are looking for their first away win after Ushuru’s last gap goal denied Frank Oduor his first away win of the season in an entertaining 1-1 National Super League (NSL) match draw at Ruaraka Grounds.
Francis Oduor said he was disappointed with the draw citing laxity in the final minutes of the match that saw them concede a last minute goal.
“That goal cost you three points that could have closed the gap between us and Ushuru to three points. Now, we have to start afresh considering the gap that we should not let to grow further,” he said.
In the match, Moses Odhiambo headed in a Dennis Oalo free kick in the first half to put the visitors on course. Ken Kenyatta’s men did not give up and forced All Stars stopper Geoffrey Were into acrobatic saves from skipper Barrack Odhiambo, Evans Makori and Alex Sunga strikes.
The lakeside team then defended their lead and looked like they would hand Ushuru their second defeat.
Ushuru, however, fought back and settld for a point when Edwin Mwaura restored parity in the second-half stoppage time.
The draw was the second time in a row where the taxmen have dropped points, but still top the league with 30 points, pending Wazito’s match against Fortune Sacco. The Blue Eagles remain fifth in the log with 24 points.
Administration Police also rose to sixth place when they edged out Kangemi All-Stars 3-1 at Camp Toyoyo thanks to goals from Eric Omondi, Abbas Bakari and Hillary Ochieng. AP have 20 points from 13 matches while Kangemi remain tucked at the bottom with four points.
In Kakamega, Kibera Black Stars dispatched Green Commandos 1-0 with John Masaba getting the goal for the slum boys.
In Thika Stadium, Thika United registered their first two consecutive win in the league defeating relegation threatened Migori Youth 2-1. [Washinton Onyango]
- PSG superstar Mbappe donates Sh3.5million to fund the search for missing pilot Football 1 week ago
- Arsenal vs Chelsea line-ups at 8:30pmFootball 1 month ago
- Here’s where Mourinho went wrong with Pogba – SolskjaerPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea 0-2 Man Utd: Five things football fans learnt about ‘Sarri Ball’ Football 2 days ago
- Speed kills - Three things we learned from Man United vs PSGFootball 1 week ago
- Arsenal pay tribute to Carilton Maina by featuring him on their match day programme Football 3 weeks ago
- Why have these sports beauties not scored Kenyan men? [Photos]Volleyball and Handball 3 weeks ago