Kariobangi Sharks beat Ulinzi Stars in Kasarani Stadium
Mathare United stay on top of the log
Bandari draw with Tusker as Chemelil Sugar hold Kakamega Homeboyz in Kisumu.
Sydney Lokale struck a hat-trick as Kariobangi Sharks bounced back to winning ways by beating Ulinzi Stars 3-1 in yesterday’s SportPesa Premier League (SPL) match at Kasarani Stadium.
The soldiers were to blame in the loss for defence lapses. Lokale’s first goal was in the 20th minute when he pulled away from his markers to slot home past James Saruni.
Then he went past Ulinzi backline to score the second goal in the 47th minute with a potential goal of the season.
Second half substitute Enosh Ochieng pulled one back for Ulinzi in the 74th minute. Ulinzi Stars ended the match with ten men after Omar Bongi was red carded for a bookable tackle on Fidel Origa. Kariobangi Sharks had a sweet revenge after their 2-0 loss to Sofapaka last weekend.
At Ruaraka Stadium, Bandari rallied from a goal down to pick a point after a 1-1 tie against Tusker.
Boniface Muchiri’s 43rd minute goal put Tusker ahead before Wycliff Ochomo equalized in the 88th minute.
Bandari coach Bernard Mwalala was sent off for continually protesting the referee’s decisions.
In Awendo, Chrispin Oduor’s 79th minute penalty helped Mathare United pick one point against Sony Sugar.
Oduor restored parity from the spot after Ken Owino brought down Clifford Alwanga in the box saving Francis Kimanzi from his second league defeat of the season.
Tobias Otieno had given the hosts a deserved 1-0 lead in the 64th minute scoring with a delightful effort from a free kick at the edge of the box that beating Mathare United goalkeeper Allan Olwiny.
In Kisumu, Chemelil Sugar held Kakamega Homeboyz to a barren draw moving slightly above the relegation zone.
The millers dominated the game and could have won were it not for the first half heroics of Homeboyz custodian Gabriel Andika. Andika denied Lucas Waitere from the spot in the 41 minute.
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Another blow for Wanyama at Tottenham ahead of new season Football 1 month ago
- WWE superstar rushed to hospital with 'separated pelvis' after fightSports 1 month ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 month ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago