Kariobangi Sharks beat Ulinzi Stars in Kasarani Stadium
Mathare United stay on top of the log
Bandari draw with Tusker as Chemelil Sugar hold Kakamega Homeboyz in Kisumu.
Sydney Lokale struck a hat-trick as Kariobangi Sharks bounced back to winning ways by beating Ulinzi Stars 3-1 in yesterday’s SportPesa Premier League (SPL) match at Kasarani Stadium.
The soldiers were to blame in the loss for defence lapses. Lokale’s first goal was in the 20th minute when he pulled away from his markers to slot home past James Saruni.
Then he went past Ulinzi backline to score the second goal in the 47th minute with a potential goal of the season.
Second half substitute Enosh Ochieng pulled one back for Ulinzi in the 74th minute. Ulinzi Stars ended the match with ten men after Omar Bongi was red carded for a bookable tackle on Fidel Origa. Kariobangi Sharks had a sweet revenge after their 2-0 loss to Sofapaka last weekend.
At Ruaraka Stadium, Bandari rallied from a goal down to pick a point after a 1-1 tie against Tusker.
Boniface Muchiri’s 43rd minute goal put Tusker ahead before Wycliff Ochomo equalized in the 88th minute.
Bandari coach Bernard Mwalala was sent off for continually protesting the referee’s decisions.
In Awendo, Chrispin Oduor’s 79th minute penalty helped Mathare United pick one point against Sony Sugar.
Oduor restored parity from the spot after Ken Owino brought down Clifford Alwanga in the box saving Francis Kimanzi from his second league defeat of the season.
Tobias Otieno had given the hosts a deserved 1-0 lead in the 64th minute scoring with a delightful effort from a free kick at the edge of the box that beating Mathare United goalkeeper Allan Olwiny.
In Kisumu, Chemelil Sugar held Kakamega Homeboyz to a barren draw moving slightly above the relegation zone.
The millers dominated the game and could have won were it not for the first half heroics of Homeboyz custodian Gabriel Andika. Andika denied Lucas Waitere from the spot in the 41 minute.
- Kevin Durant bags MVP award in NBA All-Star gameBasketball 1 month ago
- Liverpool receive treble boost as injured stars close in on comebacksFootball 3 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars: Bitter pill to swallow for snubbed WereFootball 4 days ago
- Gareth Bale facing 12-game ban for Real MadridFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar or Mbappe? – Real Madrid President gives priceless answerFootball 2 weeks ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo urges former team-mate to join Juventus Football 1 month ago
- Legendary Kenyan athlete Maiyoro deadAthletics 4 weeks ago