Sala’s dog still patiently waiting for the striker to come home, his sister shares a heartbreaking photo
Sala's sister, Romina, has shared a heartbreaking image of Sala’s loyal dog, Nala waiting patiently for the footballer to come home.
Emiliano Sala, along with pilot David Ibbotson went missing over the English Channel on January 21 shortly after signing for Cardiff in a club-record, £15million deal.
It was revealed on Monday that wreckage of the plane carrying the pair had been found in the English Channel, following a privately funded search.
A body was later discovered by the wreckage, but it is yet to be identified.
It is understood the Argentinian had intended to move his beloved dog to Wales to live with him and was in kennels in France at the time of the crash.
Sala’s dog Nala was reportedly one of the reasons he returned to France.
Posting a picture of Sala's dog, Nala, sitting and staring out a window, the caption reads: "Nala is waiting for you too..."
British crash investigators said on Tuesday they had launched an underwater operation to recover a body from the wreckage of the plane carrying Argentine footballer Emiliano Sala in the Channel.
"We are attempting to recover the body. If we are successful, we will consider the feasibility of recovering the aircraft wreckage," an Air Accidents Investigation Branch spokesperson said in a statement.
The discovery of two seat cushions on the French coast last week revealed that the plane was broken.
Sala had just transferred from French team Nantes the previous weekend, in a 17 million euro move -- a record deal for the Welsh team.
- AK moves to arrest age cheating and cover injuries ahead of U20 eventAthletics 1 month ago
- Europa League preview: Arsenal seek early advantage as Chelsea look forward to easy strollFootball 1 month ago
- EPL live: Man City host Leicester as they look to go topFootball 2 weeks ago
- Rugby: More than 40 teams set for Great Rift 10-asideRugby 1 month ago
- EPL: Klopp 'surprised' that Liverpool have stayed with Man CityPremier League 4 weeks ago
- Arsenal man announces he is out for the rest of the season with groin injuryFootball 3 weeks ago
- Manchester United CEO issues massive statement on Champions LeagueFootball 1 week ago