Medical causes Lukakuâ€™s move to Newcastle to collapse
The brother of Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku, Jordan Lukaku’s move to Newcastle has failed after his medical, according to Sky Sports.
Jordan appeared set to complete a deal to St James’ Park only for talks to collapse at the final hour.
And it now appears that concerns following the Belgian full-back medical examination were the reason for the Magpies withdrawing their offer.
A statement from the club tonight read:
“Newcastle United can confirm that Jordan Lukaku will not be joining the club.
"The defender was on Tyneside on Friday after being given permission to travel by Lazio.
"It has now been decided that a loan deal will not be pursued. We wish Jordan all the best for the future.”
The 24-year-old has played 64 times since joining Lazio in 2016.
He has also played for Anderlecht and Oostende in his native Belgium.
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago