Medical causes Lukaku’s move to Newcastle to collapse
The brother of Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku, Jordan Lukaku’s move to Newcastle has failed after his medical, according to Sky Sports.
Jordan appeared set to complete a deal to St James’ Park only for talks to collapse at the final hour.
And it now appears that concerns following the Belgian full-back medical examination were the reason for the Magpies withdrawing their offer.
A statement from the club tonight read:
“Newcastle United can confirm that Jordan Lukaku will not be joining the club.
"The defender was on Tyneside on Friday after being given permission to travel by Lazio.
"It has now been decided that a loan deal will not be pursued. We wish Jordan all the best for the future.”
The 24-year-old has played 64 times since joining Lazio in 2016.
He has also played for Anderlecht and Oostende in his native Belgium.
- Is Pep Guardiola on his way out?Football 2 weeks ago
- Monaco suspend coach Thierry HenryFootball 1 month ago
- Nairobi champions put titles on the line Basketball 1 week ago
- Kompany mocks Chelsea’s keeper Kepa after row with SarriFootball 3 weeks ago
- Ronaldo returns to Portugal squad for Euro qualifiersFootball 5 days ago
- VAR to be used todayFootball 1 month ago
- Kylian Mbappe drops biggest hint on where he’ll be playing next seasonFootball 1 week ago