Kabras thrash Nondies to consolidate Kenya Cup lead
Ugandan utility back Philip Wokorach bagged three tries as Kabras Sugar thrashed Nondescripts 43-5 in a Kenya Cup match at Jamhuri Showground yesterday.
The sugar millers started the match on the front foot and their efforts paid off as Kenya Sevens international Brian Tanga crossed the whitewash but Philip Wokorach failed to add the extras.
Nondies were then awarded a penalty but they failed to reduce the deficit with Fielden Sinei sending his attempt wide.
The hosts were made to rue that miss almost immediately as Wokorach punished Nondies’ poor defending, stretching his side’s advantage to 10-0 with an unconverted try.
Nondies, who were struggling to assert themselves against the league leaders, committed a lot of men forward in a bid to get off the mark.
This left them exposed at the back, allowing Kabras to score off a counter attack move.
A nice interchange of passes between Wokorach and South African Logan Basson allowed the latter to score between the posts, a try which was converted by Wokorach. Basson set up Mario Wilson who gave Kabras’ fourth try. [Clement Wekulo]
- Arsenal squad vs Cardiff City revealedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Semenya male or female? IAAF gender dilemmaAthletics 2 days ago
- Alexis Sanchez tipped to make sensational return to ArsenalFootball 5 days ago
- Sala’s dog still patiently waiting for the striker to come home, his sister shares a heartbreaking photo Football 2 weeks ago
- Solskjaer provides Paul Pogba injury updatePremier League 2 weeks ago
- Nyasa coach sends stern warning to Gor Mahia ahead of return leg Football 2 months ago
- Sterling seals dramatic win for Man City at SchalkeFootball 23 hours ago