Kabras thrash Nondies to consolidate Kenya Cup lead
Ugandan utility back Philip Wokorach bagged three tries as Kabras Sugar thrashed Nondescripts 43-5 in a Kenya Cup match at Jamhuri Showground yesterday.
The sugar millers started the match on the front foot and their efforts paid off as Kenya Sevens international Brian Tanga crossed the whitewash but Philip Wokorach failed to add the extras.
Nondies were then awarded a penalty but they failed to reduce the deficit with Fielden Sinei sending his attempt wide.
The hosts were made to rue that miss almost immediately as Wokorach punished Nondies’ poor defending, stretching his side’s advantage to 10-0 with an unconverted try.
Nondies, who were struggling to assert themselves against the league leaders, committed a lot of men forward in a bid to get off the mark.
This left them exposed at the back, allowing Kabras to score off a counter attack move.
A nice interchange of passes between Wokorach and South African Logan Basson allowed the latter to score between the posts, a try which was converted by Wokorach. Basson set up Mario Wilson who gave Kabras’ fourth try. [Clement Wekulo]
- Video: Cristiano Ronaldo is human and can make mistakesFootball 4 weeks ago
- AFCON: Johanna cements place in Stars' squadFootball 1 week ago
- KDF ready to defend boxing title in Mwingi legBoxing 3 weeks ago
- National Autocross: Zameer Verjee set to raise dust at Jamhuri racetrackSports 1 week ago
- 10 Premier League players that could be sold this summerFootball 1 month ago
- 5 games that won Man City the Premier leagueFootball 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars off to France camp ahead of Africa CupFootball 2 weeks ago