Nondies want Kabras Sugar to taste defeat
Willis Ojal’s men hope to hand the sugar millers their first loss of the season.
After claiming the scalp of Impala Saracens last weekend, Nondescripts are keen to slay another giant when they host league leaders Kabras Sugar at the Jamhuri Showground today.
The tie, scheduled to get underway at 4pm, is among a host of Kenya Cup round seven fixtures on the cards today.
Ahead of the contest, Nondies coach Willis Ojal has described the match as a real test for his charges.
“We are taking one game at a time and the Kabras match will be a real test for us,” Ojal said.
Ojal hopes his side will maintain their good form against the top sides this season.
Nondies, who lie fourth on the standings have beaten defending champions KCB, Enterprise Cup holders Homeboyz and most recently Impala.
“We’ll try and change a few things from last weekend’s match to get the win we want,” Ojal said.
It will be a daunting task for Nondies as they come up against a Kabras side that is yet to taste defeat this term.
The Kakamega-based side has so far won all six matches convincingly, amassing six bonus points in the process. They top the 12-team standings with 30 points.
At the university of Nairobi grounds, stuttering Mean Machine host Kenya Harlequin as they try to get out of the relegation zone.
Despite Machine and Quins sitting at opposite ends of the standings, Quins coach Charles Cardovillis says they will not underestimate the university team.
“There are no easy games in the Kenya Cup. I watched them (Machine) play Impala before the Christmas break and they were just unlucky not to win,” Cardovillis said.
“They are a very good side; very competitive with strong and athletic players and we are not going to underestimate them at all,” said Cardovillis.
Machine’s only win this season has come against fellow strugglers Strathmore Leos.
- Volleyball: Munala now joins KCB alongside seven Pipeline playersVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Meet Nicholas Kipkirui – the young footballer taking K’Ogalo by stormFootball 1 week ago
- Rio in Kenya! Ferdinand says Man U can stop Liverpool todayFootball 2 months ago
- Transfer news: Mesut Ozil 'to be forced out' of ArsenalGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- National Super League: Ushuru drop points again as Thika register second winFootball 1 week ago
- Man United fans left fuming by what Arsenal have done ahead of FA Cup tieFootball 1 month ago
- Semenya accuses IAAF of naming witnessesAthletics 21 hours ago