West Ham beat Arsenal at home for the first time since November 2006
* West Ham earn deserved 1-0 win over Arsenal at London Stadium
* Declan Rice curled hosts in front just after halftime
* Arsenal started well with Alexandre Lacazette going close
* Felipe Anderson fired just wide for West Ham
* Arsenal's Alex Iwobi went closest to equaliser
* West Ham at Bournemouth next, Arsenal host Chelsea
Declan Rice's first goal for West Ham United earned his side a deserved first home victory over Arsenal for 13 years on Saturday -- the youngster's 48th minute strike securing a 1-0 win at the London Stadium.
Arsenal began brightly and then had a flurry of chances after falling behind but West Ham were good value for the three points as they put a dent in Arsenal's top-four hopes.
Former Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri, rebuilding his career at West Ham after a doping ban, was at the heart of much of West Ham's best work on his Premier League debut for the club.
It was the Frenchman's neat lay-off that allowed 19-year-old midfielder Rice the space to curl a superb shot past Bernd Leno.
Rice had headed wide in a first half in which West Ham took charge with Felipe Anderson drilling a shot fractionally wide of the post after another lay-off by Frenchman Nasri.
Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette had a double chance early on and Matteo Guendouzi's 25-metre effort flew just wide but Arsenal struggled to exert any sustained pressure.
Alex Iwobi shaved the post with a low shot but Arsenal failed to score for the first time in 21 Premier League matches. Arsenal remain fifth on 41 points while West Ham move up to eighth on 31 points before the rest of the weekend fixtures.
- How sloppy Arsenal were gunned down by Zaha, McArthurFootball 4 weeks ago
- Inside Messi's training: Barcelona star wears camera to offer fans incredible insight [Photos]Football 4 days ago
- Man City reach FA Cup final, stay on course for four trophiesFootball 1 month ago
- Formula One: Hamilton and Bottas warned by Mercedes chiefSports 2 weeks ago
- Blow to Chelsea as star ruled out of Europa League tieFootball 1 week ago
- PHOTOS: List of stunning cars Aguero owns that include Sh20m Range Rover, Sh33m FerrariGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- When Mourinho ‘killed’ Cristiano at Real Madrid – Adebayor confessesFootball 3 weeks ago