Matano wants fair officiating as Mathare United visit Ruaraka
Tusker coach Robert Matano wants match officials of today’s top of the table SportPesa Premier League clash at Ruaraka Stadium to be at their best.
League leaders Mathare United play Tusker and Matano said fair officiating will be key in getting 'a fair result'. “This should not be construed as complaining against match officials, but they must be able to control the match properly. Both teams have prepared well and are on a high. The least they deserve is fair officiating,” he said.
Matano’s comments come in the wake of complaints by some teams of poor officiating. Last weekend, AFC Leopards’ fans roughed up match officials after their 1-1 tie against Nzoia Sugar at Machakos Stadium.
Besides officiating, Matano remains confident his side can pick maximum points on the back of a four-match win. “The only thing we expect today is to play well and win. We have had some good preparations and remain confident we can translate the same on the pitch.”
Going into today’s match, the brewers have the best scoring record since the season began as they have netted eight times in six matches. Also, Tusker has won three of the eight meetings against Mathare United since 2015. The latter have won twice and three matches have ended in ties.
Tusker’s lethal attack of Boniface Muchiri, Timothy Otieno and John Kamau were simply awesome against Sofapaka last weekend and is likely to start today.
Mathare United have been on a roll since the season started and have scored in all the six matches. Concern, however, remains at the back with the team conceding in almost every match. It is an area coach Francis Kimanzi needs to seal.
At Afraha Stadium, troubled AFC Leopards take on winless KCB in a match where both teams will be looking to turn around their bad run. Leopards have been boosted by the return of Whyvonne Isuzza and Musa Saad, who are all available for selection. KCB welcome Sammy Omollo to the technical bench as assistant coach.
- How Origi choked Messi in Champions League semi-finalFootball 1 month ago
- Pogba banned from returning to Juventus, his agent to blame for messFootball 5 days ago
- Boston Marathon: Kenyans hope to impressAthletics 2 months ago
- European finalists to enjoy player luxury after final bench rule changeFootball 4 weeks ago
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to axe eight Man United starsFootball 2 months ago
- Emiliano Sala: Man and woman face charges over mortuary photoFootball 1 week ago
- KDF ready to defend boxing title in Mwingi legBoxing 3 weeks ago