Man Utd fans furious as referee for Tottenham game is announced
Mike Dean has been announced as the referee for Tottenham's Premier League clash with Manchester United - and Red Devils fans aren't happy.
The Red Devils are on a brilliant run of form under temporary boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and have won their past five since the Norwegian arrived.
United thumped Cardiff City in Solskjaer's first match in charge before seeing off Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Newcastle.
Last time out the Red Devils beat Reading 2-0 in the third round of the FA Cup before the squad flew out to Dubai for some warm weather training.
Next up for Manchester United is Solskjaer's biggest test against Tottenham.
Mauricio Pochettino's Spurs are flying high in the Premier League and are genuine contenders to win the title this season.
They also saw off Chelsea in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final clash on Tuesday, and have been scoring goals for fun.
The match is going to be hard enough as it is for United, and now their fans think Spurs have an even bigger advantage because Dean will officiate the contest.
On Twitter one fan wrote: "Ole be ready to get a first defeat, this man is Spurs fan!!!"
While another sarcastically added: "Oh joy, Mike Dean is the referee for the Spurs vs United match on Sunday."
A third concluded: "Tottenham fan Mike Dean reffing the Spurs/Man Utd game Sunday that's the end of United's winning run."
- Snow claims third Safari Tour victoryGolf 1 day ago
- Ataro among coaches awaiting Telkom callHockey 1 day ago
- AFC Leopards, shida iko wapi? Football 1 hour ago
- Petr Cech to be offered chance to return to ChelseaPremier League 1 day ago
- Emery provides update on Ozil amid claims German could leave ArsenalFootball 16 hours ago
- Manchester United star fumes at team-mates during training Football 58 minutes ago
- Mourinho rejects opportunity to become top club managerFootball 1 week ago