Arsenal's Unai Emery fined for kicking bottle towards fans
Arsenal manager Unai Emery was fined 8,000 pounds on Monday but avoided a touchline ban for kicking a plastic bottle at a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter, the English Football Association (FA) said.
The Spanish coach immediately apologised to the supporter following the incident during the closing moments of Arsenal’s 1-1 Premier League draw at the Amex Stadium last Wednesday.
Emery admitted an FA improper conduct charge and accepted the standard penalty.
“I kicked it for me and it went near the supporters. I said my apologies ... I kicked it because it’s near me and not because of this intention,” Emery had said following the incident.
Arsenal, who are fifth in the table following a 5-1 defeat by leaders Liverpool on Saturday, host Fulham on Tuesday.
- Arsenal: Who was David Rocastle? Arsenal remember departed LegendFootball 2 months ago
- Kenya reports Japanese club to FIFA over failure to release Olunga Football 1 week ago
- Tiger Woods and girlfriend sued over wrongful death of barmanGolf 1 month ago
- Former Premier League star reveals how close he came to committing suicidePremier League 1 month ago
- Premier League out-of-contract players: Every player leaving their club after this weekendFootball 1 month ago
- Blow to Liverpool – crucial player ruled out of Champions League finalFootball 2 weeks ago
- How Ajax stunned Ronaldo's Juventus Football 1 month ago