Arsenal's Unai Emery fined for kicking bottle towards fans
Arsenal manager Unai Emery was fined 8,000 pounds on Monday but avoided a touchline ban for kicking a plastic bottle at a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter, the English Football Association (FA) said.
The Spanish coach immediately apologised to the supporter following the incident during the closing moments of Arsenal’s 1-1 Premier League draw at the Amex Stadium last Wednesday.
Emery admitted an FA improper conduct charge and accepted the standard penalty.
“I kicked it for me and it went near the supporters. I said my apologies ... I kicked it because it’s near me and not because of this intention,” Emery had said following the incident.
Arsenal, who are fifth in the table following a 5-1 defeat by leaders Liverpool on Saturday, host Fulham on Tuesday.
- Liverpool manager Klopp heaps praise on Man United ahead of Premier League clashFootball 2 months ago
- WWE legend Edge left heartbroken after the death of his motherSports 2 months ago
- Wanyama returns as Spurs beat LeicesterFootball 1 week ago
- President Yoweri Museveni bans betting in UgandaFootball 4 weeks ago
- ‘Sometimes my body just says no’ – De Bruyne opens up on injuriesPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Gareth Bale facing 12-game ban for Real MadridFootball 4 days ago
- Mesut Ozil makes surprise transfer decisionFootball 2 weeks ago