Underdog Omuli maintains steam at Safari tour
Golf Park’s Tony Omuli held on to the lead after shooting one-under par-71 on the second day of the fourth leg of Safari Tour Golf Series at the Thika Greens Golf Resort yesterday.
Omuli shot level par on his outward nine and closed his inward nine with minus one to maintain his lead. He finished three shows clear his closest rival Dismus Indiza who closed at level par.
On the first day, Omuli closed his round at three-under-69 to claim the overnight lead.
He carded a bogey-free front nine, back-to-back pars at the first seven holes and delivered two consecutive birdies on the par-four eighth and par-four ninth holes for a total of 34 points.
Omuli then gained more steam by the turn, where he set off with consecutive birdies on the par-four 10th and and par-four 11th before dropping shots on the par-four 12th and par-three 14th.
Speaking after the round, Omuli said he was happy with his performance after Round One adding that there was still more work to be done in the remaining rounds.
“It was a good opening round today and I am pleased with my performance. The course is long and challenging but a lot of golf will be played in the remaining rounds," he said.
Tied in second were; Railway Golf Club’s Alfred Nandwa, Mumias Sports Club’s Dismas Indiza and Nyali’s Njuguna Ngugi.
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- Meet Kenyan referee who will officiate AFCONFootball 2 months ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 1 month ago
- Varsity don Waweru makes history as first Kenyan centre ref at AfconFootball 1 month ago
- Meet the cute 19-year-old who will cost you Sh14 billionFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Algeria Vs Guinea betting tip and predictionsFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha shows why Gunners want him as he sends Ivory Coast throughFootball 1 month ago