KPL: Itâ€™s song and dance after Bandari bag vital KPL victory
Bandari picked a crucial 2-1 victory over Sofapaka yesterday in a Kenyan Premier League (KPL) match at Machakos Stadium.
Kepha Aswani opened the scores for Sofapaka with perhaps one of the fastest goals of the league as he scored within the first minute of the match.
The goal originated from the midfield where Dennis Odhiambo picked out Cliff Kasuti who found Aswani waiting to finish off the job. After that goal, Bandari quickly settled with David King’atua coming close but Richard Aimo denied him.
King’atua was a constant threat to the Sofapaka back line and on the half hour mark, he missed to put his side level by a whisker as Sofapaka held on the slim lead at half time.
After several attempts of trying to break down Sofapaka, Mwana Yema finally found the best way to do it.
He converted Fred Nkata’s cross in the 59th minute.
The goal motivated Bandari and suddenly, their danger men went forward in search of the winning shot.
It finally came in the 74th minute when second half substitute Wycliff Ochomo found the back of the net.
The goal jolted Sofapaka and coach Mellis Medo rested Kepha Aswani for Pistone Mutamba.
At Afraha Stadium, Mt. Kenya United suffered their second successive loss after going down 2-1 to Posta Rangers.
Ken Mutembei scored the opener for Rangers in the 22nd minute before Francis Nambute added another in the 54th minute.
In another league match, Western Stima downed Tusker 1-0. [Gilbert Wandera and Ben Ahenda]
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- BLUE BEAUTY! Frank Lampard takes first Chelsea training session (Photos)Football 1 month ago
- Pog trouble: Shock as Pogba and Lingard almost come to blows in pre-season training (Video)Football 1 month ago
- Cheruiyot sets meet record in IAAF Diamond League Athletics 1 month ago
- Benitez unveiled as Dalian Yifang head coachFootball 1 month ago
- Take it or leave it: Man United make final offer to De GeaFootball 1 month ago